Press Release: Voice over IP Business Equipment Revenues to Peak at $5.5bn in 2007 According to New Juniper Research Study
Hampshire , UK , 28 March 2006: Revenues from the sale of business VoIP hardware and software will reach $5.5bn by 2007, driven by rapid new business growth in China, adoption of VoIP across existing western businesses and the echo of the year 2000 equipment purchase boom. Sales will stabilise and fall in revenue terms after 2007 as the Chinese market begins to mature, as the Y2K echo passes and as competition from low cost suppliers in China and India erodes prices.
Highlights from the report include:
- The total business VoIP equipment market will reach $5.5bn by 2007, falling back to ~ $3bn towards the end of the decade
- The market for IP-PBXs will reach over $1.6bn in 2007. The largest markets are likely to be North America and China
- IP phone sales associated with IP Centrex/hosted system sales will reach nearly 16 million units in 2010
- The VoIP applications market will show sustained growth, passing through $500 million by 2010
Author Barry Butler states: "VoIP has the potential to transform business communications, in terms of call costs, cost of operations and integration with business processes. However, as with other IP based platforms, VoIP is a disruptive technology which will reshape the business communications vendor community."
The report provides five year forecasts, across five principal regions of the world, plus the Asian powerhouses of China, India, Japan, Korea and Taiwan. VoIP equipment types forecast are IP-PBXs, VoIP applications, analogue terminal adaptors and VoIP handsets. Forecasts are provided for unit sales, price and market size in US$, and include projected revenue splits between hardware and software together with the impact of vendor discounting. The report includes a detailed review of VoIP technologies, VoIP security measures and contemporary approaches to the deployment of VoIP in real situations.
A free white paper and further details of the new study 'Global VoIP - Hardware, Software & Applications: Business & Enterprise Markets, 2006-2010 ' can be obtained at www.juniperresearch.com, or via Michele Ince at email@example.com, Telephone +44 (0) 1256 830002.
Juniper Research provides analytical services to the global hi-tech communications sector, providing analyst reports, consultancy and industry surveys.
- Global VoIP - Hardware, Software & Applications - Business & Enterprise Markets, 2006-2010