Press Release: Future Mobile Award Winners for M-Commerce Announced: Mobiqa, mBlox and eBay MobileHAMPSHIRE, UK: July 28th, 2010: Three companies at the forefront of new developments in the Mobile Commerce field have been awarded Gold in the Juniper Research Future Mobile Awards for Mobile Commerce.
The three award categories were:
• Mobile Coupons & Ticketing: Awarded to Mobiqa for their critical bar code technology, key partnerships and, crucially, their growing customer base across airlines, rail, cinema, live events and retail. The company has real prospects in this burgeoning market.
• Mobile Payments: Awarded to mBlox for their SMS transaction platform which provides mobile payments capability for businesses globally as they deliver digital commerce products such as music and entertainment.
• Mobile Retail: Awarded to eBay Mobile for the successful transition from desktop to the mobile platform with headline-grabbing download levels and transactions. The iPhone app, for example, is downloadable in approximately 80 countries, plus there are new apps for iPad, Android and BlackBerry.
The Future Mobile Awards are given to companies that have made a significant contribution to their sector and are poised to make considerable market impact in the future.
Howard Wilcox, panel judge and Senior Analyst at Juniper Research gave more details, "Mobiqa, mBlox and eBay Mobile are all successful pioneers in their sectors: critically they have also shown the ability to translate mobile technology into commercial businesses that make a real impact in the Mobile Commerce marketplace."
Andrew Dark, CEO, mBlox commented: “We are delighted to have won the Payments Award from Juniper for Mobile Commerce as recognition of the focus on our customers and continued investments in our systems infrastructure in all parts of the world. mBlox continues to expand its global transaction network increasing reliability and security for our clients resulting in 46% year-on-year growth of mobile transactions this past year. mBlox remains committed to innovation, as it builds upon the success of services such as our unique Sender-Pays Data solution.”
Ronnie Forbes, Founder and CTO, Mobiqa, said, “Mobiqa is delighted to be awarded the Mobile Ticketing and Coupons Award from Juniper Research. Mobiqa has pioneered this market since 2002 and Juniper’s well-documented uptake of mobile ticketing and couponing this year confirms an acceptance of mobile services that is only set for dramatic growth.”
The awards were decided by a panel of expert judges based on a number of criteria including: Product range and innovation; Geographic market penetration; Evidence of commercial campaigns; Partnerships; Potential future business development.
- Mobile Commerce Strategies - Payments, Ticketing, Coupons and Banking 2010-2014
- Mobile Coupons & NFC Smart Posters - Strategies, Applications & Forecasts 2009-2014
- Mobile Money Transfer & Remittance - Markets, Forecasts & Strategies 2009-2014
- Mobile Payment Markets - Strategies & Forecasts 2010-2014
- Mobile Payments for Digital & Physical Goods. - Players, Markets & Opportunities, 2010-2014
- Mobile Ticketing Applications & Markets - Transport, Sport & Entertainment 2009-2014
- The Mobile Coupons Consumer Survey